Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving


I know I've been a slacker with posting. I'm still feeling pretty sick and have no energy... We had lots of fun over Thanksgiving. My parents flew in the week before and spent lots of time with us. My mom and I went shopping for maternity clothes and I found lots of cute things. On Monday of that week Mike's mom and stepdad flew in and it was really busy from there on out. On Wednesday we went to Fairchild tropical gardens which is huge and just full of beautiful flowers. It was perfect weather and just the right amount of exercise for those of us with lower energy levels ;)
For Thanksgiving we had the two sets of parents as well as my mom-in-law's best friend Mary. We had a wonderful fried turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, rolls, pecan pie and pumpkin pie. It couldn't have been better!
The parents have all gone home now so things have quieted back down. Now I need to start getting out my Christmas decoration and making my holiday cookies. Anybody want me to send them some? I'll be making fudge, caramels, shortbread stars and biscotti this year.

4 comments:

Shalie said...

Looks like a really nice Thanskgiving. I'm kind of a fan of less people for big dinners, with lots of people it gets pretty hectic!! I hope you get feeling better soon, hopefully in a couple of weeks when you;re out of the first trimester! Good luck.

Geri said...

Hopefully every year is a perfect Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving this year in Miami was perfect. Mike's turkey was the best I've every had.

The Child Family said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving, and were able to do some shopping :)

Mary Child said...

I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving; shopping for maternity clothes is so fun. I never actually got to do that when we had a real income, I'm a little jealous! I bet you were able to get some super cute things.

Sorry about the fatigue and nausea thing... I can totally empathize with you on that one. I always felt like crap while pregnant; it's amazing I survived it three times. Hope you're feeling better soon! (Have you been able to cut back on your hours at work at all)?