Monday, December 29, 2008

Baby Boy and Christmas


My 18 week ultrasdound was today and everything looked good. We found out it is definitely a boy! My placenta is sitting on my cervix so I get to have another ulrasound in 4 weeks to make sure it's moving. We will be naming him Michael Patrick McGowan III. I know it sounds pretentious, he'll be called Mikey. Unfortunately I can't call anyone with the exciting news because I caught a nasty cold the day after Christmas :(
We spent Christmas in Crystal River with Mike's stepmom Karen. We really enjoyed spending time with her and hope we lifted her spirits a little. Mike's dad (big Mike) passed away in November and I know it's been a rough holiday season for her. Mike is working on a memorial website for his dad so I haven't really posted about it here (wanted to link to the website).
Karen is always so creative with her gifts and gave us personalized M&Ms with our picture and possible baby names on it. That was super thoughtful! Mike's mom had a great idea of all of us sending 2 of our favorite movies to each other. We've been seeing new favorites :) As usual my folks sent money which is always appreciated! We've been low on the gift giving this year between the economy and my lack of energy. I did send gift subscriptions to Ranger Rick to the nieces and nephews which I hoped they recieved.
We always enjoy the time with family and joy that comes with the holiday season.

6 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

Hooray for boys! I love my boys. Bailey adores Ranger Rick. Some of our friends gave it to him for Christmas last year and since July he has reminded me constantly that I need to remember to renew it. He gets so excited when it comes in the mail reads it cover to cover and does all of the games inside.
He wants to be a zoologist and live in the jungle with animals.

Mary said...

Yay! Exciting!!

Mary Child said...

Congratulations Jill- Michael Patrick McGowan III is AWESOME!

We were laying low this season too- my family came for Christmas, and I was pretty busy doing the whole hostess thing...

Thanks for the Ranger Rick subscription- how cute!

Good luck with the rest of the baby-growing... you're the cutest pregnant lady ever!

Congrats again on your little Mikey!!!

Shalie said...

Congrats on having a boy. Boys are fun and crazy!

jolyn said...

Congratulations on your baby boy! I love the sea monkey comparison back in November. My brother-in-law called their little guy a manatee in the first ultrasound. Mikey is super cute!

The Child Family said...

i was wondering what that ranger rick thing was and where it came from. thanks so much!!!
sorry about the cold, but i'm glad michael patrick mcgowan III is doing well and growing big.
i love that name too, it's way cute.
about thanksgiving, thanks for the invite, we'll have to see how finances are, and brett's schedule, but i will for sure mark my calendar.