Friday, August 29, 2008

The Porsche Is Finally Home!


We finally picked up the porsche yesterday. It has a few issues still (obviously not painted yet) but runs great. We've been driving it around our neighborhood to get used to it and find all the last little issues. It's good to have two cars again even if one is on limited use right now. The dash lights don't work, the turn signals don't work, the larger tires hit the wheel wells in back when you turn but compared to before these are pretty minor things. I spent last night cleaning all the dirt out of the interior and it was impressive. It's never been in moisture though so there is no mold or mildew. Mike is realizing that this car is never going to be as smooth and quiet as his newer car so he's not sure about the whole project but I love it. I don't mind taking a long time getting it the way we want it so it may be more my car than his. I'm okay with that :)

2 comments:

The Child Family said...

congrats on getting the car home!!! It looks great. About how much longer do you think it'll be before it's how you want it?

Mary Child said...

YEA on the Porsche; you will look so cute driving that around (once it's painted, of course)!!!

Porsche ownership goes well with your yuppy lifestyle! And before you deny it, answer two questions. When was the last time you had a massage? What kind of mattress do you sleep on?

I rest my case.

(You know I just give you a bad time 'cause I'm insanely jealous, right? I know you both work super hard for everything you have and you've completely earned the right to pamper yourselves a little every now & then... I'm just envious)!!!