Friday, August 8, 2008

The Florida Keys


Our 2 year anniversary is this month so we thought we'd take a couple of days to get away from the big city. We went to a resort called Cheeca Lodge in the Florida Keys. As Florida residents we got a pretty good deal and were able to get an oceanfront room. I don't think I've ever stayed somewhere with such a wonderful view. We spent a lot of time just sitting on the patio.

On the day of our arrival we took a walk along the ocean, played in the pool and enjoyed awonderful dinner of Florida lobster. The second day we did a spa day with both of us getting facials and massages. It was wonderful! I guess the spa treatment worked because on our way back to the room I stopped at the tiki bar for a margarita. The bartender actually asked me for ID!!! Needless to say it wasn't on me because at 29 I tend to be past getting IDed. It was great! :) After a lighter dinner that evening we took a walk of the grounds. They have beautiful landscaping and tiki torches and small lights along their paths. It was so nice!




Jill in her new vacation dress by the walk through to the tub.









The room was really nice. It had a colonial carribean type feel to it. There was a king size bed. Palm frond looking ceiling fan, dark wood furniture and a tub and glass shower. The best feature was the walk through to the tub. It really opened the whole thing up and was a neat way to arrange the room.
It was only for 2 days but it was a really great and relaxing 2 days. You can't help but slow down when you go down into the keys!

7 comments:

Mary Child said...

Jill, you little yuppy, how can you deny it?

As jealous as I am of your plush lifestyle, I'm glad to hear that you guys had a happy anniversary. Two years already? Wow, it goes fast. Jon & I are coming up on 10... and, I DEFINITELY don't get ID'd anymore. In fact, it's the opposite. One of Jon's dumb little co-workers said, "Your wife looks a lot older than you." Jon was much more amused by that than I was.

Happy anniversary Jill!

Geri said...

Happy Anniversary Jill & Mike. I consider the ocean the ultimate destination. It is amazing that two years have already gone by.

The Child Family said...

I'd take being ID'd over what I get sometimes. I taught the 11 year old girls in our old ward, and on my first day, even the primary presidency thought I was a new girl in the class... OK, 19, 20 that's all well and good, but 11?
I'm glad you got to get away for your anniversary, the keys look gorgeous!!!

The Child Family said...

how;s the car coming along?

Jill Child McGowan said...

The car is slowly but surely coming along. Today we went and drove it around, we're just waiting for the knobs for the lights, the center console and the windshield wipers. The knobs are proving hard to come by but I can't really drive it while I need pliers to turn the headlights on :) Hopefully next week it will come home with us.

Unknown said...

Well hello from your other Mom and Dad! This Blog is great and Jill you are something else with keeping us all up to date with the McGowan Manse and all the going "green". Love your garden. So prolific, lucky Florida girl! Love the Porsche, what a great new money pit. What's next? A PUPPY?
We think you are both fabulous.
Mom and Dunk

Unknown said...

Hard to believe it's been 2 years. But hey, did you guys get it right or what? I think you did and we couldn't be happier. Glad you liked the picture...we thought you might. Can't wait to get down there for Thanksgiving. Happy Anniversary...and many morrrrreeee!
Love - your 'proud to be' father-in-law!