Monday, May 11, 2009

Michael Patrick McGowan 3 (or MP3) if you like...

Mike (new dad) blogging for Jill................................

Today was the day! Little Mikey came out at 8:42am literally kicking and screaming. He was delivered via C-section and both he and Jill did fantastic! He has all his fingers and toes (sorry Jon, no extra toes) and he seems to be in perfect working order.

He came out at 7lbs, 2oz and was 20 and 3/4 inches long. He has some dark brown hair and one heck of a set of lungs. I'm on my way back to the hospital (I had to come home to let out the dogs) so I'll keep the post short and the pictures long.

More to come on the C-section and all the other news fit to print about MP3.

mm (new dad)...........





9 comments:

Karen said...

If heredity has anything to do with it, he is crying because you woke him before noon! He says why didn't you keep the 4:30pm appointment???! Love to you all....
Karen (Grandma in reserve!)

Queen of the Castle said...

Congratulations! He's adorable.

Mary said...

Yay! Congratulations! He's gorgeous, and I'm so happy for you all!

The Child Family said...

Congratulations Jill and Mike!!!! He's so cute. I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad you are all doing well and that he came out healthy, and that Jill is doing well.

mommynolan said...

Yea, You did it! You made it through and now the work begins. I hated it when people said that to me but it is true. But the reward is like nothing you have ever experienced. Welcome to motherhood. It is a beautiful place! Take care and take your time enjoying the journey.

RRgalaxy said...

Congratulations to you both!!! He is adorable!!

Wishing you nothing but joy...

Rachel (DCAC)

Shalie said...

Congratulations you guys! I like how you call him mp3!! He is sure cute and looks healthy and happy, 7 lbs 2 oz is pretty good sized for being early... nice job :) I hope you enjoy the next leg of the adventure, I suggest unisom for sleep, it's a miracle!!

Mary Child said...

MP3 is PERFECT!!! He's completely adorable- congrats to all of you.

I'M SO MAD I'M NOT THERE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Screamin' Meme said...

Congratulations! He is so cute.