Friday, January 30, 2009

Belly Update


Just a quick update on my belly. I'm now 22 weeks (5 months). I've gained about 15 lbs and the little guy kicks me pretty hard every day. As you can see from the picture there is no mistaking I'm pregnant now so I do get a lot of comments from my clients at work :) I've been feeling a little better lately. The Braxton Hicks contractions (practice contractions) have slowed down to a few a day and I can eat most of the foods I want. I've been having horrible gastric reflux and heartburn in the evenings and that probably won't change until the baby comes. And I still have no energy so Mike does most of the housework. It's been fun to start getting things for little Mikey. So far we've found a bathtub and towels on clearance, shelves for his room, and a few clothes at outlet stores. This month we should be able to get the crib and stroller. I don't feel very prepared yet.

6 comments:

Queen of the Castle said...

You look cute! Feeling so yucky when something so exciting is happening in your life is no fun.
I hope things get better.

J Mom said...

What great fun for the soon-to-be West Coast Grandparents. Baby Mikey looks like he can really kick it. Jill you look just perfect, belly and all. What a wonderful blog you two have put together, pictures, ultrasounds and slide shows. Back in my day we just called and said, "It's a Boy!" Can't wait to be there for the birth. Love the yellow baby's room. That's the same color I painted Mikey's room (well Uncle Tom was the painter) because we didn't have the technology to know if it was a boy or girl so I just picked sunshine. Love to all 3 of you and see you soon. Stay well and Mike, great job on all that housework! LOL,
J Mom

Mary Child said...

Jill, your belly is completely ADORABLE! I'm so excited for you guys- I didn't feel prepared with Gage either, but once the baby arrives, everything just seems to work out!

I'm bummed we are so far away- I would love to be shopping and helping you get ready for little Mikey! You are the cutest mom-to-be ever...

Geri said...

You are so cute. Mikey is so lucky to have you as his mom.

Shalie said...

You look cute. I can't wait 'til I hit the 20 weeks! You have plenty of time ot prepare, no worries :)

Nielsons said...

I haven't checked your blog in ages and I am so excited for you that you are pregnant. I hate being pregnant, but love the kiddos when they come. It is worth it and I am sure that Mikey will be adorable. Talk to your DR about Nexium for the reflux. I didn't figure that out until the end of my first pregnancy. Realized the acid was making me sick and pukey, even when I wasn't feeling it all day. With Anneliese's pregnancy it made a huge difference in how I felt. That little purple pill really is magic! Wish you the best.
Chris