Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh the Exhaustion

I haven't posted in a couple weeks because I'm just so tired... I do have a lot to write about though. My little belly is sticking out enough that my pants don't button. I'm trying to hold out buying the maternity clothes as long as possible though. At least until my mom and mom-in-law come to visit and go shopping anyway :) I've been really queasy and moderately pukey so that's not fun. I finally completed 6 weeks of working 60 hour weeks in an effort to help save some money and pay off the porsche (sigh).
In our family it has been a rough week. Mike's dad has been in the hospital for over a week with a kidney infection that went septic. He was critical for a while so Mike spent last Thursday to Monday with him. I think Mike was able to distract him some and help the hospital staff with all his care (Big Mike is a large stubborn man when feeling well so with kidneys failing he was even larger and grumpier.) We hope he will be able to recover but he will be in the hospital for the next several weeks.
On Halloween I only had 3 groups of trick-or-treaters come to the house. I had 2 huge bags of candy all ready :( What I really find ironic is that a neighbor came to the house on Monday selling candy bars for a school fundraiser. This same neighbor did not visit us on Halloween. So my money is good enough for them but they don't trust my candy? Hmmm.
I did go vote last week in early voting. I had to wait 2 1/2 hours but I think it is worth it to have my say. I'm pleased that our candidate won :)
Hopefully working less this month I can keep this up to date a little better. Or maybe I'll just take more naps :)

3 comments:

Mary Child said...

Whoa Jill, sorry about the fatigue/exhaustion... just one of the many joys of pregnancy! Shopping for maternity clothes is super fun though; I wish I was closer. I wanna go!

Sorry to hear about Mike's dad- what a bummer. Is he out of the woods now? Poor guy.

Bummer about the no trick-or-treaters (we don't get many either b/c we are so tucked away back here, but we did get more this year than we have the previous two years).

And YEA for Obama- I am SO happy too. What a relief!

Queen of the Castle said...

Enjoy the naps while you can! I hope things go well for you. I'm tired, sick, and grumpy when I'm pregnant. I honestly don't know how Jamie puts up with me, I don't like being around myself when I'm pregnant.
Motherhood has the best maternity pants. They are called secret fit belly. You could probably get some now and wear them your entire pregnancy. I still wear mine occasionally and they fit fine and they are still comfortable. They have a panel that goes all the way around your body, is big enough that it covers it vertically, and is all stretchy material, with no bulky uncomfortable elastic at the top. You can even still where them after you have the baby, unless you are lucky and can fit back in your normal clothes right away.
Here's a link:
http://www.motherhood.com/mastercategory.asp?MasterCategory_Id=10&ViewAll=true

The Child Family said...

sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope he gets better. I've had kidney infections before, but I've never had them get that serious, I can't IMAGINE the pain!!!
I hope you get feeling better when the 1st trimester is over. Enjoy maternity shopping, being that you are the only girl, I'm sure Geri will go ALL out on you!!!