Friday, October 10, 2008

I Love Books

As you all know, I love books. The picture of my first baby steps shows me carrying a giant picture book with a grin from ear to ear. When Brett was a baby I used to "read"to him from those picture books. I won every year in elementary school for most books read in the year. Everyone has things they are passionate about and mine is books.

I currently belong to 2 book clubs down here in Miami. Last month a girl in one of them asked if we would like to participate in a book club chain letter she'd recieved. Once I read through it I was excited. Everyone sent the letter to 6 of their friends and 1 book to the person 2 levels behind them. I eagerly sent off my letters and my book. I figured $2 to send a book that I enjoyed but wouldn't read twice was a great deal. My mom and mom-in-law called as soon as they recieved their letters. They were also excited.

So here's the best part. Today I recieved my first book! It was one I had seen and thought about in the book store. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Geri said...

So what was the title? Oh yeah, it will probably end up at with me eventually. I love that you are in a book club, and I'm reaping the benefits of all the good books.

Mary Child said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH I'VE MISSED!!!

I think you posted the day I took a break!

The vet crazy-lady story is amazing, but I'm a firm believer in karma, and that crappy woman will get crappy payback at some point, don't worry!

And, the bright side is that when you come under attack unjustly, and then so many people rallied around you, you see how many people do love and value and appreciate you and the work you do.

Secondly, how fun to be planting a garden in October! That's a little weird...

And lastly, JILL, I'm SO SORRY that I still haven't sent my book thingy off. It's somewhere in my to-do pile, but I'm really glad that some books are coming in, and I PROMISE I will get the book and the letters out THIS WEEK.

Glad to catch up with you and happy reading!

Queen of the Castle said...

Hey Jill,
Happy United Nations Day!!! Okay, really, Happy Birthday!
Hope it's a good one!

The Child Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! and CONGRATULATIONS on the pregnancy. I'm so happy for you (your mom called and told me this morning). May is a great month to have a little one. I think you're having a girl. Have you thought of any names?