Monday, February 27, 2012

Potty Training and Pictures

No, the pictures aren't of the potty training.
Last week Mikey went to a Huggies sponsored potty dance party.  Myself and two of our mommy group friends were all chosen as hosts.  This means we were each sent 14 packs of potty dance dvds, coupons, and other things to get the kids excited about potty training.  We did not have 32 kids so there are a lot of packs left over :)  If anyone wants one or knows someone who might, please let me know.  So after watching the dvd which highlights little kids learning about the potty, Mikey was motivated.  As soon as we got home he asked to put on his underwear.  Since then he has been wearing underwear at all times except sleep and school.  We do still have accidents and he isn't yet great about letting us know when he has to go but we are pretty encouraged.  He has been pretty calm about the whole thing and it's pretty easy to give him something to keep him on the potty long enough to go.  Mike gives him the iphone games and I read him books.  I am really glad we have tile though.

The other exciting thing is Ayla's 6 month old pictures.  Here is the link Ayla's Pictures  So this morning she and I went to the photo studio with  two really cute outfits my mom has bought for her and got her all dolled up.  I purchased the hair bows from and online friend a few months ago in preparation.  She was really good for her pictures and I was really pleased with how they turned out.  If everything goes well withthe delivery of the pictures we will use the studio, Kiddie Kandids, again.  We have done Mikey's pictures at both Sears and JCPenney before.  JCPenney was a bit far and so busy you have to wait a while even with an appointment.  Sears lost half of the session from Mikey's 1 year old pictures so I would really like to never use them again.

And best of all, today I went to the mall without the kids.  Mike took them for the afternoon so I could go pick up some new makeup.  (Apparently foundation turns to pure liquid after 6 years.)  I found a new pair of pants at Old Navy (impossible trip with kids) and got most of the makeup I intended (still forgot the foundation).  The best part was enjoying a pretzel alone in my car after shopping.  There was no one screaming, napping or expecting me home 5 minutes ago.  Aaah, the bliss :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

still unable to view photos after several days....

<<>>>

Jill Child McGowan said...

Should be fixed now :)