Sunday, January 15, 2012

Time For A Blog Revamp

As most of you have noticed, I'm not very good about making my blog posts. The main reason is it takes me a while to create a post with pictures in it. I'm not very computer savvy so I always have to redo my photos a few times to get the post to look right. So now I am just going to post links to my facebook page :) I'm always sending pictures to facebook from my phone and that way I can post here more often.
Jill's Facebook Page
Since it has been so long, let me introduce us again :) Here's our family:

Me (Jill)- I'm a 33 year old mother of 2 who needs someone to talk to besides a toddler and an infant. I realize the internet may not be much more responsive but I just don't have time for phone calls anymore. My alter ego is a small animal veterinarian. I'm working part time right now, doing mostly dentistry and surgery. I truly love my job and am so grateful I can work and still spend so much time with the kids right now.
I'm also frugal. Some might call me cheap but I still argue for frugal :) I coupon a lot and am always on the hunt for a good bargain. Here's a few of my favorite coupon sites. This is where I trade my coupons online Trading Post And this is where I find my grocery deals I Heart Publix
I'm sure there is more I will think to tell about myself but that's a good primer.

Mike (my husband)- He's a 38 year old cinematographer. That means he is a cameraman for movies, tv shows, commercials, music videos, etc. He has more energy than anyone else I know and can talk anyone into anything. I insist he does all the customer service phone calls because he can get us anything for free versus I get in screaming matches with the customer help people. Sugar is his nemesis. he loves it but it turns him into hyper squirrel mode. If any of you have seen "Over The Hedge" you know Hammie the Squirrel. We call it Hammie mode. He is very active and stays in great shape with his various activities. If you can think of an unusual sport he has probably competed in it and earned awards. There is no halfway with Mike :)

Mikey (my son)- He's a 2 year old with the vocabulary equal to many adults I know. You may be thinking, "Yeah, we all think our kids are gifted." but really the kid can talk. It's especially amusing since he is is a skinny little kid. Strangers are always amazed when he answers their questions. He has way more energy than I can keep up with most days. He loves pretending to cook (please let that continue), cars and dinosaurs. He can be incredibly stubborn but is so happy most of the time. Thankfully tantrums are rare but like most toddlers he can have bad days too.

Ayla (my daughter)- Born in July she is 5 months of willfulness behind a cute smile. Even in the hospital we knew she had a temper. When the nurse assigned to your baby the first day remarks about it, you know you're in trouble. But she doesn't hold a grudge. As soon as she gets her way she is all smiles and giggles. She is a cuddly, mama's girl, which I love 99% of the time. I just wish she would decide momma doesn't have to be holding her to sleep, sigh.

Tibo (the dog)- A 12 year old tibetan spaniel, Tibo still has way more energy than any dog should. Incredibly stubborn (I see a pattern here) and not too bright he makes life interesting. He is very happy and just wants everyone to shower him with love. His goofy face manages to win over nearly everyone.

That's us. Life can be boring or incredibly exciting and amusing depending on the day. Hope everyone enjoys reading my updates :)

1 comment:

mommynolan said...

Good to catch up with you-you sound and look great! I am glad you like Florida-I did too. But the bugs . . .keep up the fight!
Love you lots, Renee