Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vasco Died



Unfortunately we had to put Vasco to sleep on Sunday night. He had been having a really hard time for almost a year with congnitive dysfunction, arthritis and nerve degeneration. On Sunday he was finally at the point that he could only walk 2 steps at a time and turned down his dinner. He was a very proud dog who wouldn't let you help him up and he had never turned down food in his life. It was so hard to watch him get old and not be able to do the things he enjoyed. Mike has had him since he was 18 months old in 1998. Our house won't be the same without him :(

6 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sorry. Losing a member of the family is never easy.

Queen of the Castle said...

I'm sorry Jill and Mike.

The Child Family said...

I am so sorry. I can't imagine it's been easy. How is Mike holding up? I'm sorry he had to be put to sleep, but I'm sure you are all glad he's not in pain and suffering anymore.

Screamin' Meme said...

I'm sorry. That's hard to deal with.

Geri said...

It is not easy, even though you knew it was coming. I am so sorry and know that all of you will miss him, especially Mike. How is Tibo coping not having his best buddy there?

Mary Child said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Jill.