Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bed Rest :(

Well, my posts are about to get a lot less exciting. On Sunday night I had some light spotting so I went to see my doctor on Monday. She sent me to the hospital for monitoring. There was mild contractions but nothing big, my cervix is still closed and baby Mikey looks great. Unfortunately my placenta now covers MORE of my cervix (not supposed to happen that way). So now I'm on complete bed rest (up to go to the bathroom only) and we will for sure be getting a c-section. On Tuesday my doctor admitted me to the hospital for about 36 hours to get steroid injections so if I do have a major bleed and have to have an emergency c-section little Mikey's lungs will be more developed. It has not been a fun week so far, but we keep telling Mikey he has to cook for 6-7 more weeks. On a fun note, every time they hooked the monitors over my belly to check for Mikey's heartbeat and uterine contrations Mikey kept kicking at the monitor the whole time (right at it with perfect aim).

5 comments:

Mary Child said...

Oh Jill, what a bummer. I'm so sorry you're stuck on bed rest and guaranteed a C-section... so NOT IDEAL, but whata ya do? I suffered through lots of drama with Gage and made it out alive- just keep your eye on the goal; it sounds like a cute little guy you've got cookin'in there, and when he finally makes his debut it will all have been SO worth it! Take care; we're all keeping
you in our prayers.

Screamin' Meme said...

I'm sorry Jill, but believe me even if you can make it at least two more weeks it will make all the difference in the world. Those steriod shots they gave you do work. I had the steriod shot and they took Caitlin by C-section one week later. Caitlin was 5 weeks and two days early and she is doing so great. I have pictures of her on my blog 2007. My prayers are with you. Bed rest sucks but if you can stick it out you'll be much better off. Bed Rest didn't work for me my blood pressure got too high and they had to take her. Her placenta was tied in a knot, the doctor told us that if they hadn't taken her when they did she would have died. You'll have to check out my blog. This is Arlynda's sister Nikki. Skylar and Brennan say HI! screamin-meme.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Nice--Mikey will be pretty feisty, eh? When I was getting really huge toward the end, I was hoping to be put on bed rest, just so I wouldn't have to go back to work. It wasn't as fun as it sounded. Good luck, sweetie!

Queen of the Castle said...

I'm sorry you have to be on bed rest. I had a difficult time after I had to have a C-section with Bailey, but Jamie reminded me that were it not for the intervention, both I and the baby would most likely have died. Having had four C-sections, I can tell you that the scheduled ones are so much easier to recover from. Walk as much as you can, it will help. I was back at everything two weeks after having Lucy, except exercising. With Seth, it's been different, but my body went through a whole lot getting that boy here. I hope that things go well for you, and have your doctor talk you through the entire experience and talk about pain management. I was surprised by the whole thing and didn't really know what my options were.

The Child Family said...

I am so sorry you are on total bed rest!!!!
Do you have the c-section scheduled yet?
good luck with the bed rest, I hope you get lots of reading done :)