Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New to Blogging


You finally talked me into it Mary! I'm not very good with computers so it may be a while before I have everything up and running how I want it but you have to start somewhere, right?


So where do I start...

Mike and I live in sunny Miami. I've been here since 2003 and Mike was born here (although mostly grew up in California). We've been together since 2004 and married since 2006. We have no kids (yet) but 2 very spoiled dogs. Vasco is an 11 year old German Sherherd. He was a schutzhund dog (police dog sport) and national champion. He currently enjoys his retirement and extra dog biscuits. Tibo is an 8 year old Tibetan Spaniel, also called a fuzzy goldfish on crack. If you've ever met him you understand that statement. He has too much energy for one being.

We bought our house new in 2005 and have been making lots of improvements since. I have a 20x30 ft vegetable garden that I grow beans, peas, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, beets, carrots and herbs in. Mike built by hand a pergola in the side yard and a screened patio out back. We have a concrete boat slab (no boat yet but hopefully soon) and redid the front tilework. If I can get all the pictures to work you can see the landscaping that we did. Hurricane Wilma 2 1/2 years ago was a mixed blessing in that it took out all our trees and made it necessary to rip out our whole front yard. It's been a lot of hard work but we're very proud of our little home.

4 comments:

The Child Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world Jill!!!! You're house is beautiful. Hopefully we can come out to Miami and see it sometime before retirement :)
Mary is pretty convincing in this blog business huh?!

Mary Child said...

YEAAAAA! You started a blog!!!!!

Oh my gosh I'm so excited you're blogging now Jill! I am crappy at phoning, but awesome at blogging!!!!!!!

I will feel so much more connected now. Seriously, this is so exciting for me. The Child family actually has a chance to connect more than once a year!

Yea Yea Yea!

The funniest thing is, I posted about YOU today, and by complete surprise, found your blog four hours later!

What a crazy coincidence!

I'm so glad you're blogging now!!!

Mary Child said...

I forgot to say that I love the name (very clever), and the sidebar pictures are great!

The "everyone" picture of your wedding is GREAT! Why don't I have a copy of that???

And yes, we WILL want any strange/entertaining pictures from work you can come up with.

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE A BLOGGER NOW!

DG-in-law said...

Finally found this. You guys are great...and this is COOL. Loved the trip story. Nothing quite like slowing down a bit and just hitting the road, seeing what'll come up next, huh? I love it that you guys love doing that. We do too. Didn't know you were such a writer / historian there Jill...and real good at it. Needless to say I now have this bookmarked and will check in to see how you're doing. Your garden has inspired me to get ours going. Currently a big chunk or our back yard is in vegies. In fact the first tomatoes are ready right now. We've got great strawberries and lots of herbs and then all the rest; zucchini, peppers, melons, lettuce etc., etc.
Anyway, love your blog - love you and keep it up it's great fun.
Love, Your proud-to-be-father-in-law, DG